RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
- “Maintaining Kerala’s Tourism Destinations with Minimal Disaster Risk: A Geographic Approach”- A research project funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
- “Social Media as an Influencer among foreign tourists visiting India” – A research project funded by Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) and Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Technical support partner for “Discover Kottayam” project of District Tourism Promotion Council (DTPC), Kottayam Project involves resource mapping and documentation of destinations, developing itinerary for the program, capacity building Programmes of empanelled service providers.
The school has collaborated and established linkages with various national and international organisations since its inception in 2010.
- Implementing partner of Certified Tour Advisor programme of District Tourism Promotion Council (DTPC), Ernakulam
- Technical support partner for “Discover Kottayam” project of DTPC, Kottayam.
- Linkages with leading travel and tour companies and hotels and resorts for internship training (Travel Services Internship and Hospitality Services Internship) of students.
- For consultancy projects, the School has collaborated with Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM).
The students undertake community projects on real-time tourism management issues with social relevance using a problem based learning approach. Students work in small groups to fulfill this in consultation with local tourism/ leisure industry suppliers and design and conduct appropriate research to complete the task. It is to provide students with an opportunity to examine contemporary tourism/ leisure management issues and to apply theory into practice. It is expected to offer real and practical value to students, both as students and future managers.